Monday, January 25, 2010

Why am I here?

Over the past few weeks I have found it very frustrating to be the mother of a toddler. Nearly every day I have broken down into tears because I just want my old life back - the one where I travelled, fit into my pants, worked for bosses that didn't scream when I disagreed with them, enjoyed alone time with my husband.... Basically, I have been feeling sorry for myself.

But today, I have decided that rather than wallowing in self pity over a life that obviously was lacking enough that I chose to add a baby to my life, I will search each day for something to find joy about. Specifically, something wonderful about raising a toddler. My daughter is 17 months and she is wonderful. She deserves a mother that adores being with her; and I deserve joy.

So here it is. My blog all about toddlers and finding joy in the everyday. Because the days drag on so slowly, but the years go by in the blink of an eye.

Please feel free to comment or share - but remember this blog is about finding the JOY in your toddler and in being a Mom.

No comments: